Ebbett Group Limited and its associated companies are committed to protecting your privacy and complying with its obligations under New Zealand privacy laws. Any information that you share with us about yourself or another individual is personal information (“Personal Information”). Any reference to “we”, “us”, “our” or “Ebbett” is to Ebbett Group Limited and its associated companies.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect your Personal Information in the course of providing our Products and Services to you or through your use of our Website.
Depending on your purchase of our Products and use of our Services or Website, you might give us information such as:
- Your name, contact details and residential address.
- Information about your preference in our Products.
- Details about your driver’s licence, if you take our vehicle for a test drive;
- Information when you opt-in to receive our marketing and promotional materials.
- Your feedback, survey results and testimonials.
- Your account and payment history with us.
- Your financial information if you chose to use finance for the purchase of our Products.
- Information about the webpages you visit on our Website.
- Any other information you give us.
You might also provide us with Personal Information when you:
- Search for, subscribe to, purchase our Products, or use or Services.
- Communicate with us by phone, email, or social media platforms.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are four main ways that Ebbett collects your Personal Information:
From you directly: Personal Information you provide to us directly.
- From you indirectly: Personal Information we collect from you when you visit or use our Website, buy our Products or use our Services or otherwise interact with us.
- From third parties: Personal Information collected and disclosed to us by our contractors, agents and service providers, commercial partners whom we engage to perform services on our behalf, our affiliates and other third parties necessary for the provision of our Services.
- From publicly available sources: From places where the information is publicly available.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Ebbett will only collect, use and disclose your Personal information for purposes in connection with the operation of our Website, and to operate, provide and improve our Products and Services, including for the following:
- Providing Products and Services to you: To provide and deliver our Website, Products and Services to you, and process transactions related to our Products and Services.
- Improve our Products and Services and Website: To measure and analyse the performance of our Website, Products and Services, provide staff training and improve our Website, Products and Services.
- Personalise your user-experience: To personalise your user-experience when using our Website, Services or buying our Products.
- Communicate with you: To communicate with you about our Website, Products, Services, and any queries you may have from time to time about our Products and Services, including recommending Products and Service offerings that might be of interest to you.
- Record keeping purposes: For our internal record keeping purposes, including for the maintenance of our data security.
- Fraud and data breach prevention: To prevent and detect fraud, abuse and data security breach.
- Business sale: To facilitate the sale or other disposition of our business or assets.
- Legal compliance: To comply with our legal obligations.
- Other purposes: For any other purposes that you authorise.(together, the Purpose)
We may disclose your Personal Information to the following third parties but only in connection with the Purpose:
- Ebbett’s service providers, suppliers, employees, contractors, agents and professional advisors.
- Ebbett’s affiliates and strategic and business partners.
- Ebbett’s associated companies.
- Ebbett’s authorised dealerships.
- Any other third party that you authorise.
STORAGE AND LOCATION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information we collect is stored in servers located in New Zealand. If we need to transfer your Personal Information to a third party recipient outside of New Zealand in connection with one or more Purpose, then you consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information to the third party recipient provided that Ebbett ensures that the overseas recipient is:
- A participant in a prescribed binding scheme for international disclosures of personal information and/or is located in a country that provides comparable safeguards to New Zealand’s privacy laws; and
- If not, then Ebbett will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient is required to protect your Personal Information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those required under the applicable privacy laws. Examples of these steps include a written agreement between us and the overseas recipient or making reasonable enquiries regarding the data protection standards of the country in which the overseas recipient is located.
From time to time, Ebbett may aggregate information for analysis and statistical purposes relating to the provision, operation and improvement of our Website, Products and Services. This may involve “de-identifying” or anonymising your Personal Information. Aggregate information may be shared with third parties and used in connection with the Purpose. Once we de-identify or anonymise your Personal Information, the information can no longer be linked to you and will no longer be your Personal Information.
To enable some of the features and functionality on our Website, you may need to permit us to place cookies on your device. You can remove or block cookies by using the settings in your browser, but it may affect your ability to use our Website.
You consent to receiving information from us about our Services via email, text message and social media. If you want us to stop sending you electronic communications, then you can simply unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in the electronic communication.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have reasonable protections in place against unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure and loss of your Personal Information. We protect the security of your Personal Information during transmission to or from our Website or Services. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of your Personal Information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose Personal Information to you.
REQUEST ACCESS OR CORRECTION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You’re allowed to see what Personal Information Ebbett holds about you, and you can request us to correct it if you think it’s wrong. If there is a legal reason why we can’t let you see it, or if we don’t agree with your correction, then we’ll tell you.
If you think that we haven’t properly protected your privacy, you can tell our Privacy Officer Paul Schnell, People, Culture and Safety Manager, or complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.