NZ BYD ATTO 3 EARNS FIVE STAR ANCAP SAFETY RATING
14 October, 2022 / in News
- Recently launched BYD ATTO 3 EV has received the top 5-star safety ratings in the latest round of the ANCAP Safety (Australasian New Car Assessment Program) testing standards
- The ANCAP Safety rating programme is a critical factor in vehicle selection for buyers
- Safety rating further enhances overall exceptional offering in the ATTO 3, where safety, battery technology and BYD’s aim to cool the earth by 1℃ are top priorities
- High demand for the ATTO 3 so far in New Zealand with over 500 customer registrations
BYD New Zealand is pleased to announce the popular BEV Model, the ATTO 3, has been awarded the highest safety rating of 5 stars from ANCAP Safety today, scoring 91% for Adult Occupant Protection, 84% Child Occupant Protection, 69% Pedestrian/Vulnerable Road User Protection and 80% Safety Assist.
Full scores were achieved for protection provided to the driver in the side impact and far-side impact tests. Whiplash protection for front and rear seat occupants also scored well, and maximum points were achieved for the protection of child occupants in the side impact and frontal offset crash tests.
The active safety capability of the ATTO 3 was shown to be of a high standard, with the standard-fit pedestrian and cyclist-detecting autonomous emergency braking system offering good levels of performance in forward, reverse, daytime, and night-time test scenarios.
“This five-star ANCAP safety rating for the BYD ATTO 3 will no doubt come as welcome news to New Zealand buyers looking for a safe and green choice within its price-point,” said ANCAP Chief Executive Officer, Carla Hoorweg.
Warren Willmot, BYD New Zealand’s Brand Manager says “This is excellent news to receive for the ATTO 3 model. It rounds out a vehicle package that has it all – highest safety rating, cutting edge battery technology and the latest in dynamic EV styling inside and out. The brand is going from strength to strength both nationally and globally in a highly competitive BEV market. The ATTO 3 ticks all the boxes regarding available features, benefits and now top of the line safety standards, making it an even more desirable vehicle for New Zealand Consumers.”
A full list of driver assist technology as standard for the BYD ATTO 3 includes:
• Automatic Emergency Braking System (AEB)
• Front Collision Warning (FCW)
• Rear Collision Warning (RCW)
• Blind Spot Monitoring (BSD)
• Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
• Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
• Hill Descent Control (HDC)
• Stop & Go Full Speed Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC-S&G)
• Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
• Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
• Rear Cross Traffic Brake (RCTB)
Pricing for the all-electric ATTO 3 starts at $55,490 for the standard range and tops out at $59,990 for the extended range, plus on road costs. Both variants are also eligible for the current full EV clean car
rebate of $8,625. The ATTO 3 is also comprehensively covered by a 6-year / 150,000km new vehicle warranty with 6-year roadside assistance package, while the Blade Battery is covered by an 8 year /160,000km (whichever comes first) warranty.